Hello Olive Grove families!
I hope this message finds you well. We are busy planning for the start of school, which begins for students on August 12. We are planning for the full reopening of learning centers while maintaining virtual options based on student preferences and needs. Your advisor will discuss your options but please let us know your current preferences on the brief survey linked below.
We are committed to working together as the pandemic conditions continue to evolve. This will take a collective effort to continue to maintain a safe learning environment for our staff and students. As we plan for the reopening of our LCs, we are required to follow the California Department of Public Health’s (CDPH) requirements for schools. The CDPH issued updated requirements for schools on July 12, and we incorporated those into our “Safe Return to In-Person Instruction Plan“. This plan includes health mitigation strategies such as universal masking, some physical distancing (which will necessitate students signing up to come in to the LCs), hygiene and cleaning protocols, as well as revised quarantining guidelines for exposed or ill individuals. Please take a few minutes to review this plan and provide your feedback on this brief survey by Wednesday, August 4. Survey is closed. Thank you for your feedback!
A few other things to know-
- The Learning Center Directors for the 2021-2022 school year are
- Buellton & Lompoc – Kristan Morrison
- Orcutt/Santa Maria & SLO – Janae Gutierrez
- Santa Barbara – Jasmine Coleman
- We are pleased to welcome Johanna Chase as our Director of Education & Student Support as well as several counselors, teachers, and other staff members.
- Counselors are scheduling individual orientation meetings with new high school families next week, and all students will participate in a general orientation on the first day of school.
- Your advisor will contact your student between August 9th and 11th to discuss the in-person v. virtual options, the first day of school, orientation, accessing course work, and scheduling your regular meetings.
- Chromebook and materials checkout will take place August 9-11 at your learning center. Please note that both the parent/guardian and student must have signed the master agreement to be able to check out a Chromebook or any materials or to begin school on August 12.
We are excited to work with you towards the success of your student, and we recognize the important collaborative role parents/guardians play in the education of each student. Please feel free to contact myself or your Learning Center’s Director should you have any concerns, suggestions, or ideas to help improve our services. Together we will build a productive partnership to ensure your student’s success.
Olive Grove Charter Schools, Inc.