AB 104 Grade Change Requests

Assembly Bill (AB) 104 (2021) authorizes parents/guardians of students who were enrolled in a high school course during the 2020–21 school year (or students, if 18 years old or older) to request a grade change. Eligible individuals may apply to change the letter grade on the student transcript to Pass or No Pass. Changing a letter grade to Pass or No Pass may improve your overall GPA if the letter grade was significantly lower in value than your overall GPA. 

AB 104 also requires the California State University (CSU) and requests the University of California (UC) and private colleges to accept Pass or No Pass grades on a student’s transcript for those courses taken during the 2020–21 school year. Below is a list of universities in California that will accept Pass/No Pass grades on transcripts.

List: California Postsecondary Institutions Accepting Pass/No Pass Grades 

Please Note: Some postsecondary educational institutions, including those in other states, may not accept a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade for admission purposes.

If you would like to have any letter grades changed to Pass/No Pass please complete and sign the form linked below and send it to Johanna Chase, Director of Education & Student Support at [email protected] no later than Saturday, August 14, 2021. Olive Grove Charter School may not change student grades if the form is received after this date. If you are under 18 this must be completed by a parent/guardian.

AB 104 Grade Change Request Form