ESSER III Expenditure Plans
The US Congress passed the American Rescue Plan Act (ARP) in response to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), and it was signed into law on March 11, 2021. This is the third federal stimulus funding act in response to COVID-19, following the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act and the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSA).
The ARP Act requires local educational agencies (LEAs) that receive ESSER III funds to complete both
- a Safe Return to In-person Instruction and Continuity of Services plan
- The OGCS Inc. Board adopted this plan on August 10, 2021.
- The plan was reviewed, and the revised plan was adopted on February 17, 2022.
- an Expenditure Plan for how ESSER III funds will be used to address students’ academic, social, emotional, and mental health needs, as well as the opportunity gaps that existed before, and were exacerbated by, the COVID-19 pandemic.
- OGCS Lompoc, OGCS Orcutt/Santa Maria, and OGCS Santa Barbara receive ESSER III funds. OGCS Buellton does not receive these funds.